Friday, December 19, 2008

My thoughts

My family has been very happy with most of the meals and I have loved just being able to pull something out of the freezer. I didn't participate in December because of the new baby, so I can't comment on those meals.

I alternate trying a new dinner with some that I know the kids like. I also make sure that I have rice or noodles and if the kids (or Stephen) don't like the dinner, they can eat that with pasta sauce from a can or eat leftovers. Usually once the kids eat a few bites, they end up liking it-- they loved the chicken pot pies, the swedish meatballs, farmer's casserole, and tuna casserole, and others. There have been more than enough "hits" to more than compensate for the "flops." Stephen and the kids are all pickier eaters than I am, so on the ones they don't like, I just have them for lunch. (That's what I did with the 2nd bag of chili-- the kids ate PB and Jelly, which I hate.)

I'm sorry people didn't like the Zippy Chicken Chowder. It is one my family eats a lot and one all of my kids like and I've taken it to RS luncheons often over the years and people usually like it. But I won't do that one again. That's why the feedback is nice. All of our families have different tastes. (hopefully you liked my other meals better.)

As far as the size of the meals, most have worked great for my family. I usually have the rice or noodles, a vegetable or salad, and some other type of side dish. I also always have homemade bread and butter on the table which is filling.

I love not having to think about the main dish. And even when that's gone, there is always plenty of other food to fill everyone up.

Just my thoughts.