Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Thoughts

We've added side dishes to every meal we've made and many of them still did not fill us up. I think the main point is, some dishes are more filling than others. Some are hearty and some are light. I think it would be helpful to trade hearty for hearty and light for light (but obviously not always feasible). I'm guessing I choose dishes that I would want to be served, and that are hearty. I also kind of "over do" anything that I give away. I can't help it.

I do understand the dish issue, yet the 4 servings has been somewhat of an inconvenience for our family. Although, everyone who has filled gallon bags with hearty dishes or used larger pans (like the Tuna Casserole) ended up filling us up with leftovers. The dishes in pie plates didn't seem to go as far.

Anyway, just some experiences we've had.