Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Black Bean Soup Review & Some Ideas

This was GREAT. We loved it. All of us.

We had to use both bags, and just perfectly fed us all. We had salad and corn chips with it as well. My kids thought it was chili. I'm wondering if I should have added a little water for it to seem like soup. I'm wondering if the freezing process made it slightly thicker therefore not going quite as far. Regardless, we had to use both bags.

A lot of the meals we've had leftovers, some were just right, and some not enough. I am guessing we are still not quite knowing what feeds 4 hungry adults well. Soups, the pies, pizza, and a few of the other dishes seem to "not quite" do it. The casserole dishes seem to be more than enough. Is anyone feeling the same thing? I'm guessing since I have older children I would have to have side dishes in order to make this work. People with younger kids, or picky eaters may not have this problem.

I'm also wondering if we should bump it to 5 hungry adults since most of us seem to be echoing a similar problem with a lot of the dishes, and since all of us have 5 or more in our families. Has anyone in the group had less?

Any ideas?