Thursday, December 18, 2008

My thoughts

I want to thank everyone for doing this Dinner Swap with me. I am loving it!!! I do not feel so burned out from cooking.

I am feeling that I need to reiterate a few points. There has been some comments regarding portion sizes. Yes, this can be hard to determine. We all have various family sizes and all of us eat different amounts. Please realize that this is just the MAIN dish. You will probably need to provide side dishes. If your family has bigger eaters make both of the meals! Try adding a bread like rolls, sliced bread, biscuits, breadsticks,or cornbread. Also, you will probably need to add vegetables and fruits, we like to have: canned fruit, sliced fresh fruit, or baked fruit, cut up veggies and dip, frozen veggies, pickles, and salads. You can also add grains like pasta, rice, or couscous to make the meal stretch a bit.
Only you will know how much your family eats. If I know what I am cooking will not be enough I will make extra or I will add two or three side dishes to fill my family up.
With the cost of meals, some of us will spend more one month but maybe not so much the next month. I hope all of us shop sales.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. We will need to keep it at 4 servings because of finding pans to do it in.
Also, check out the other co-op in the area (I have several friends in this one and it is working FABULOUSLY!!). They have 15 participants, which is too many in my opinion so that is why I started my own. The web address is www.monthlyfreezermeals.com

Thank you again for making my dinner time better!

Krista