Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sweet pork & Tomatillo Dressing

I apologize to everyone that did not get filled up with the burritos. I prepared both meals for my family of 5 and we had left overs of everything except the cheese because my kids wanted their meat cooked in quesadillas. So I did grate more cheese for them. We don't eat a lot of meat, so I felt that the pork & the beans was a substantial amount of protein. I'm sorry for those who felt it was insufficient. As Krista said, these were not supposed to represent the entire meal. I also did not know how much 1o pounds of meat would feed. I thought it would certainly be enough. Maybe I should have done some research. I apologize again.

Sweet Pork
3 lbs. pork roast
1 c worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder ( I use fresh minced garlic)
2 T dried minced onion ( I use fresh chopped onion)
1 tsp chili powder ( I didn't use this)

Cook on low in a crock pot for 8 hours.
the last hour, drain juices, shred pork and reheat with:

1 c brown sugar
1 -2 c enchilada sauce

Tomatillo Dressing
1 recipe ranch dressing pkt prepared (you'll need mayo & milk)
2 tomatillos, peeled
1/4 -1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
1/2 -1 jalapeno, seeded
1/2 anaheim pepper, seeded

Process or chop everything finely. Blend til well mixed. Add cilantro to taste.